Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10:
- 20.2-megapixel, 1″ (13.2mm x 8.8mm) Exmor R CMOS sensor: Captures high-resolution images up to 5472 x 3080 pixels.
- 8.3x optical/33x digital/273.9x total zoom: Along with 16.6x Clear Image Zoom (including optical zoom) through a Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* lens helps you bring distant subjects up close and into focus.
- 3″ tiltable Xtra Fine White Magic TFT-LCD monitor: With adjustable brightness offers a clear display. OLED Tru-Finder electronic viewfinder features 4 dual-sided aspherical lenses and 2.4M dots to help you frame your shots accurately.
- Full high-definition movie mode: Records 1920 x 1080 AVCHD Progressive video in 60p or 24p shooting mode, so you can choose between smooth footage or cinematically expressive movies. Built-in stereo microphone captures clear audio.
- BIONZ X image processor: Faithfully reproduces textures and details in real time for true-to-life images with rich tonal gradations and low image noise.
- Optical image stabilization: Reduces image blur caused by camera shake and vibration. ISO up to 12,800 with advanced, area-specific noise reduction delivers intense clarity and fine detail, even for images shot in low light.
- Scene modes: Include portrait, antimotion blur, sports action, macro, landscape, sunset, night scene, handheld twilight and night portrait for flexible shooting. Face detection and Smile Shutter technology ensure vivid portrait shots.
- Burst-mode shooting: Lets you capture photos continuously at a rate of approximately 10 fps (frames per second).
- White balance modes: Include auto, daylight, shade, cloudy, incandescent, fluorescent (warm white, cool white, day white, daylight), flash, C. temperature, filter and custom for natural tones under diverse lighting conditions.
- Built-in, pop-up auto flash: With 5 flash modes provides ample illumination. A multi-interface shoe allows you to attach an external flash or other compatible accessory (not included).
- Photo and movie effects: Include toy camera, pop color, posterization, retro photo, soft high-key, partial color and high-contrast monochrome, so you can easily add a touch of creativity to your shots.
- Lock-on AF: Continuously adjusts target frame size to track moving subjects. Direct-drive SSM (Super Sonicwave Motor) with precision-engineered focusing stop positions minimizes focusing lens travel distance for high-speed autofocus.
- Built-in Wi-Fi: Along with NFC (near-field communication) technology provides simple wireless connection to a compatible mobile phone or tablet, so you can easily share images and control the camera’s shutter remotely.
- Multicard slot: Supports Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Capacity, SDXC, Memory Stick PRO Duo and Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo formats.
Review: “This camera is a gem! I couldn’t take a bad photo with it. Beautiful color and sharpness. Macro photos look fantastic. The Zeiss lens is outstanding. I wish I could rate it 5 stars +!!”
“This Sony RX10 is the most versatile cam available. I would buy another and another, because it’s that good. Does it Blow a SLR out of the water. It depends on what you want. This cam is sharp as it gets. Low light is good, but not SLR great. Bright highlight is a little high also, but you can shoot in RAW with this cam and for all around versatility it’s awesome. This is no point and shoot cam. It’s a full function cam.”